Pages

25 April 2012

Humpty Dumpty

It would be hard for anyone not to know the infamous Humpty Dumpty and of his great fall sitting on a wall.  Even different cultures have this, or a very similar, character by different names.

What brought Humpty Dumpty to my thoughts today was that my two little princesses, the twins, came home from nursery insisting on singing the rhyme over and over and over again and, of course, I'd have to sing it with them.

Then, this struck me: it would seem that I have for a very long long time, been sitting on a wall. An anticipation; a hope; a longing, and visions of the green fields  and the roses and the riches in the King's garden.  Not knowing that all the time, it would seem, the king and his queen have had this massive interest in Humpty Dumpty as little more than a curiosity.

So, when Humpty Dumpty fell, all the king's horses and all the king's men came rushing; the queen had lost her amusement, the king is furious, for there is no more an Humpty Dumpty to focus his anger upon, and so rushed the men, on their horses, in an attempt to pick-up the pieces.

The sad bit is that ..

All the King's Horses ..
And All the King's Men ..
Couldn't Put Humpty Together Again.

He's been shattered, and what's done is done ..

QED.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Don't know why I wanted to text here ..
I love you Hammoodi.. Nothing can change it..

worldentropy said...

It has broken the thin line my love .. it's gone beyond love into madness .. and nothing will ever change that.