Pages

17 November 2012

Numbers

I made a point of reading everything he wrote; or, more precisely, everything he wrote that I could get my hands on; alas, being cursed with an evil memory, I had also remembered everything he wrote.  Right down to what he told me when I asked what brought about a particular piece of poetry or another.  I was proud to be his biggest fan; still am.

One particular piece, amongst the many, keeps hounding me, in the most hopeless of ways; he once said to her: "you never knew the art of numbers.  Had you known, then you'd have also known that any number becomes zero when you are taken away from it".

He left.  To a better place I'm told, and I hope to be;  he left me grieving for him for the rest of my days, and left her dead in the world of the living.

QED

No comments: