Pages

26 July 2011

Nahawand ..

I guess anyone who hails from a land before time, that gave the world time, amongst other things, must be a proud being, so needless to say .. I am extremely proud to hail from Iraq, the land of Mesopotamia, but that's not why I'm writing this, for fear of stating the obvious.


Today, I saw her .. heard her .. smelled her .. touched her .. in a piece of music I was playing .. she was there .. she is the music .. she is the soul that moves my fingers on the strings of the Oud, and she was Nahawand; In all his glory in her being, his wisdom in her steps, his love in her eyes .. his passion in her contradictions ..

And here is the Nahawand for you my one, for he is you and you are I .. though I thought you'd better hear it played by the fingers of a man I am proud to call my master ..


QED.

No comments: