Pages

07 August 2011

An Enquiry into Values ..
"And what is good, Phædrus? And what is not good ... Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"


This is a place-holder for a blog post I'm writing off-line.  It is to do with a book by one Robert Pirsig, and his magnificent Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - an enquiry into Values.  

Now before anyone jumps into conclusions, neither the book, the author nor yours truly has anything to do with motorcycle maintenance, or the legendary school of Zen - the mechanical and Buddhist aspects that is, and everything to do with an altogether different undertaking, namely, an enquiry into values, and the title of the book could not be more eluding, nor more befitting at the same time.  Hardly surprising coming from a man like Pirsig.


One day, I'll finish the topic; One day very soon; For I have not liked, nor connected with any of the commonly accepted, and somewhat shallow, critiques of this one-of work, and neither, I would suspect, has Pirsig himself.



And one day .. before I die, I will take my Adil on a similar journey .. where it will take us, where we arrive and who we are seeking, however, is an altogether different story.


So watch this space for a Qud Erat Demonstradum soon ..

No comments: