Pages

04 August 2011

The Search ..

Everywhere.  Very specifically, in everyone.  Every face and every gaze.  Every pair of glowing eyes and breathllessly divine smiles.  In the soft voices of young people saying sweet words to each other.  In the loving looks of grandmothers insisting on speaking Russian to me, even though I hardly understand this romantic language.  In everyone's footsteps; the ticks of high-healed, outrageously feminine women all around me.  Deep in my soul; my very being.  In the beats of my heart.  In heavy breaths entering my troubled chest, as if by force; as if knowing how indifferent I am to living or dying ..

In all of these I search for you my one.  Failing every time.  Hopelessly retrying every time .. and so will it be .. so it has been .. and so it will always be.

QED.

No comments: